WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal backs out Doug Liman's "Moon"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jake Gyllenhaal backs out Doug Liman's "Moon"

Jake Gyllenhaal at 'Source Code' Press Conference in Beverly Hills, CA on 18th March 2011

"Jake Gyllenhaal wants to start directing films. The Oscar-nominated actor recently said that while he doesn't plan to quit acting any time soon, he does want to try and helm his own film projects in the future.

"Well, I do have a number of things that I'm developing," he said. "That's probably where the future lies for me - but I'm not going to give up the day job just yet. I'd like to see where it goes."
"You're always wondering how long this will last. It's a piece of being an actor. There's always someone more talented or younger than you. But I also like to write. In years to come, I think that will expand. I won't just be scrapping for the next job. Maybe I'll create something for myself". Source: www.411mania.com

"Director Doug Liman’s film MOON is finally moving forward with a slew of actors and actresses up for roles. Publicity still of Jake Gyllenhaal in "Love and Other Drugs" (2010)

Originally the male lead was to go to Jake Gyllenhaal but he has since backed out and now the three actors up for the male lead include: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN’s Andrew Garfield, INTO THE WILD’s Emile Hirsch and STAR TREK’s Chris Pine. For the female lead we have a bit more of a diverse group of women that include: Megan Fox, Rachel McAdams, Rosario Dawson, Eva Mendes, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde. The story follows a group of renegade space employees lead by a woman (yay!) who are gathering some space equipment, along with an ex-NASA employee, to go to the Moon and steal an energy source. Sounds intriguing, no?" Source: www.flix66.com

No comments :