WEIRDLAND: Natalie Portman - Elle UK Photoshoot

Monday, February 08, 2010

Natalie Portman - Elle UK Photoshoot

Natalie Portman - Elle UK Photoshoot, February 2010.

Natalie Portman plays Rifka (segment "Mira Nair") in "New York,
I love you" (2009).


"Earlier this year Jerusalem-born Natalie broke one of her rules and played a Hasidic bride in 'New York, I Love You'. She now stars in the war drama 'Brothers' opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Tobey Maguire.Natalie Portman as Grace Cahill in "Brothers" (2009).

On playing Jewish characters:
"I've always tried to stay away from playing Jews. I get like 20 Holocaust scripts a month, but I hate the genre. That was the first thing to come my way (New York, I Love You) that really intrigued me."On rom-com roles:
"It wasn't that I didn't want to do comedy. It's just that I would only get offered girlfriend parts in guy comedies, which aren't exciting to me, or those offensive roles in romantic comedies where the woman has to have a job in fashion so that she can have nice clothes, and her goal is always marriage."
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com

No comments :