WEIRDLAND: Robert Pattinson: "It's just a facade"

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Robert Pattinson: "It's just a facade"

"-You get compared to actors like James Dean, Hugh Grant and Jude Law. Who do you like the most?

-James Dean of course, He is just playing in another league. Weirdly I got uncomfortable getting compared to British actors. I don't know why, it's just like that.

-Would you like to play the part of James Dean?
-Absolutely, but I don't know if I could. I think, James Franco did a pretty good job.-If you could choose, where would you like to wake up tomorrow?

-In my own home in London. A week ago I was there, for about 16 hours. The first time since 11 months. I met all my friends that I haven't seen since a year. My parents my sister. That I had to leave that fast, was the hardest thing I have done since months.
-How did you work out for New Moon?

-I boxed a lot. It's awesome because it doesn't only transform your body but also your posture and thinking. Even if you just walk down the street, you suddenly have another radiation because you just don't feel that fragile anymore. That's why I chose boxing.  
-Are you sometimes still surprised by Twilights huge success?

-Even if I look cool on the outside, I tell you what: It's just a facade. 
-What do you miss the most about your old life?

-Walking carefree down the street. I love it to travel and get to know the cities and their people. Since I can think I lived in London it's full of live there 24/7. Now I can't go anywhere without this feeling that I got watched all the time. And I just can say: I don't like that feeling.
-As an unemployed actor you're always annoyed: Again and again you have to go to some auditions and never you get the part. Either you don't have the name or you turn it down yourself because the money is not even good enough to get you through the month. And all of the sudden you get famous and can choose the jobs you want to do. -That sounds awesome.

-And it is, but on the other hand it increases the press. Producers expect to get the theater full with my name. Furthermore everyone expects you to act like a true celebrity even if it's not on screen. It's crazy when you have to turn down a job because the costs for the bodyguards that secure that you can work and stay undisturbed would blow the budget".  
Source: www.robsessedpattinson.com

"The Twilight Saga: New Moon" grossed an astounding $140.7 million at the box office this weekend, exploding most industry expectations en route to the biggest autumn opening weekend in history and the third biggest three-day debut ever, according to early estimates from Hollywood.com Box Office. (The Dark Knight still retains the record for the biggest weekend debut with $158.4 million, and Spider-Man 3 is second with $151.1 million". Source: hollywoodinsider.ew.com

No comments :