WEIRDLAND: Christina Rosenvinge: Underground Nicole Kidman

Monday, May 11, 2009

Christina Rosenvinge: Underground Nicole Kidman



The song that is in the video above is sung in Spanish, its title is "Tu por mí" (You for me) and it's one of the best Spanish pop tunes, written and sung by Christina Rosenvinge (it belongs to "Que me parta un rayo" (1992), album by Christina and Los Subterraneos, it's a sad but splendorous ode to the friendship (specifically between two young women who, against all odds, parted away, in cause of the drug-addiction of one, but they never forgot each other nonetheless). I was deeply in love with this song and Christina's whispering voice when I was 17 (and I'm still touched everytime I listen to it).

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.” -quote by Winnie-the-Pooh, the fictional bear created by A. A. Milne.

Among my female crushes I cannot forget Spanish/Danish singer/actress Christina Rosenvinge, her voice is so erotic, and her look reminds me a bit of a less dolled-up Nicole Kidman.
Christina has been my friend online for over two years. She has made five records in her solo career and has collaborated with members of Sonic youth:
"Frozen Pool" -Smells Like Records (January 16, 2001), when she joined the alt band "Two dollar guitar" in N.Y.By the time she played solo rock circuit concerts, by thenI practically lived in La casa del loco, at Mayor st, in Zaragoza (our particular "Factory"), I was friends with local musicians, and they told me she even read a short story I'd written, because I had befriended the chicks from "El regalo de Silvia" and "La Nube" (Aragonese indie-rock groups).
You can watch Christina playing Alicia in the movie
"La pistola de mi hermano" ("My brother's gun"), written/directed by her boyfriend Spanish novelist Ray Loriga.


Schweppes commercial featuring Nicole Kidman and little Latika from Slumdog millionaire.

No comments :