WEIRDLAND: Michael Cera (Devotion)

Monday, September 08, 2008

Michael Cera (Devotion)



"Same friends, same family, same clothes, same car, same house," Cera said Saturday while promoting his new movie, "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist," at the Toronto International Film Festival.

"People just, you know, people feel like they know you ... that's the only difference". The sandy-haired actor (who drives a Toyota Corolla, by the way) is being typically modest.

He's earned legions of female fans since breaking out on the big screen, including one who boldly proposed to him during a news conference last year at pop culture convention Comic-con".
Source: www.680news.com
"But he doesn't want anyone to confuse the characters he plays with the real Michael Cera, even if he seems in person every bit as sweet natured. He loves the Beach Boys, harmonizing off-camera on "Don't Worry, Baby" with co-star Kat Dennings, who plays Norah.

"I've been playing these parts that were written when I had nothing to do with them. I've just been working. Acting," Cera emphasized in an interview yesterday with The Star. Cera has found that a lot of people are prepared to judge him solely on his image, especially on Internet message boards.

He made the mistake Friday night of logging on to see what people were saying about him. What he read – he doesn't elaborate – cut him to the quick.

"I just get so sad. My agent told me someone had written some mean stuff about me. I don't know why he told me. Some people didn't like something I said and really wrote some mean stuff.

"And I can't imagine these things coming out of people's mouths. If someone said that, you'd just think, `Oh, my God, you're so mean! You just said that!' People really disconnect when they write it. I guess there are mean people."
"It feels like the more people know you, the more people don't like you. That's the feeling I get. I know people really like those movies and stuff, but people write really mean things on message boards and it's kind of disheartening.

"It's strange, when people don't know you at all. I feel like my sisters know me and my parents know me and my friends know me, but whenever I read something that's about me I don't associate it with myself at all. Because they can't be talking about me, since they don't know me."
Source: www.thestar.com

No comments :