WEIRDLAND: Rian Johnson's Looper

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Rian Johnson's Looper

"Rian Johnson (the awesome writer/director behind BRICK) has confirmed to IGN that his next film will be LOOPER, a violent and dark sci-fi flick in the vein of TERMINATOR...

"It's sci-fi, but it's very much -- well, I think people toss out Philip Dick sci-fi when they mean 'small, dark' sci-fi. Although, when I think of Philip Dick's books, it's something very different. I think people are confusing it with the movie Blade Runner... To me, it's a lot more like the first Terminator... It's very sci-fi, but it's very character-based and very concentrated. It's very different from the Terminator movies, but it's like the first Terminator in that time travel is involved with it, but only as a plot device."
I just hope he casts Nora Zehetner again. That chick is the cutest. One time I stared into her eyes and I found both the courage and the intent to be a better man.

Extra Tidbit: Looper is also a really sweet indie band.
Source: www.joblo.com

No comments :