WEIRDLAND: Songs lists

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Songs lists




My iTunes Song List, Open it in iTunes!

Well, these aren't my favourite songs (not all of them) but they are the last ones I've been listening to in iTunes. I think maybe one of the reasons I'm interested in watching the upcoming film "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist" is that tells the story of my music-imbued adolescence, I read the book by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan a few times and it's a giddy experience which, from the distance we have as more adult netizens it turns into a time-travel pill we want to swallow again (with straight-edge drinks). I bet almost every girl/woman from Weirdland played her game with a sensitive musician in their teens. I know I did.
I dated a local musician who played the guitar in a band -one of his favourite bands were The Ramones- and he was blonde, too, like Michael Cera. If sometimes I come off slightly obsessed with characters like Juno, Norah, etc. is because I had similar experiences and I was this self-assured, self-destructive,
partially naïve teenager. Who dated a sensitive dorky blonde guitarist in an indie band. And who made mistakes that were abandoned inside an infinite mixtapes dumpster in Alternia.

No comments :